Eat Smart With Fruits and Vegetables
- Select apples that have a good color; a fresh, bright appearance; and that are firm to the touch.
- Store apples in the refrigerator.
- Try adding chopped apples to salads; have dried apples for an on-the-go snack; sprinkle with brown sugar
- and bake for dessert.
- Look for deep green leaves and a fresh,
- bright appearance. The colour of the skin
- does not indicate taste; avoid fruit with
- obvious bruising or soft spots.
- Refrigerate fresh pineapple.
How can I reduce my risk of cancer?
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- What’s a healthy weight? Check inside.
- Be active as much as you can.
- See inside for MoveSmart tips.
- Cut back on alcohol.
- Look inside for six simple ways.
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, such as
- bananas, apples and carrots.
- Eat plenty of wholemeal and whole grain
- cereals, such as breads and rice.